Deer Hit Contest at Roberts Paint & Body
October and November are very dangerous months for hitting a deer on our local roads and highways. Please buckle up, stay alert, and slow down to minimize encounters with deer. If you do have a collision, bring your car to Roberts Paint & Body and we’ll make it easy for you, and help you get back on the road again.
Call (734) 475-1149 to schedule a free estimate
From October through December, customers who bring their car in to Roberts for body repair after a deer hit are entered to win cash prizes. At the end of each month, six customers will be drawn at random to win $50 (3 winners), $100 (2 winners) or $150 (1 winner)!
Steps to avoid a dangerous encounter with a deer:
- Pay attention to deer crossing signs. While deer can be anywhere, signs are placed where they commonly cross.
- Watch for deer especially at dawn and dusk. They are most active then, especially during the fall mating season.
- Deer often travel in groups, so if you see one deer on or near the road there may be more out of sight.
- Deer often travel single file, so if you see one deer crossing, there are probably more nearby waiting to cross. When startled by a vehicle, they can panic and dart out from any direction without warning.
- Be alert all year long , especially on two-lane roads.
- Slow down and buckle up… Always!
If a collision with a deer is unavoidable:
- DON’T SWERVE! Stay in your lane.
- Brake firmly.
- Hold the steering wheel with both hands.
- Come to a controlled stop.
- Steer your vehicle well off the road.
If you do hit a deer, bring your vehicle to Roberts Paint & Body. We’ll help you get back on the road again, and enter you to win cash prizes — and give you a free t-shirt!
Call us at (734) 475-1149 to schedule your free estimate.